Bezdezh - is a village of Drahichyn district, Brest region of Belarus. In the village Bezdezh there are a relatively many very interesting attractions. One of the main attractions of the village Bezdezh is Trinity wooden Orthodox church, built in 1784 (quite a respectable age for a wooden church). This church in the village of Bezdezh was originally built as a Uniate church, and only in 1865 this church was transferred to the Orthodox Church. This ancient temple in the village of Bezdezh is well restored, and at the same time it basically retains its original appearance, which gives it additional value in the eyes of tourists and travelers. Before the church of the Holy Trinity in the village of Bezdezh there is also a brama and bell tower, which was built simultaneously with the temple in the late 18th century. Also in the village Bezdezh there is another Orthodox church, consecrated in honor of the Birth of Christ, and was built as recently as the beginning of the 21st century.

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

There is a village Bezdezh and another temple, namely the Trinity Catholic Church, built in 1820. The church is stone and is in good condition at the moment. A notable feature of this temple is that its construction was organized and financed by representatives of the family of Napoleon Orda - the famous Belarusian art and culture figure. Temples in the village of Bezdezh are architectural monuments, historical and cultural values, interesting sights of Belarus and can be interesting for tourists and travelers around Belarus.

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

In addition, in the village of Bezdezh there are a few other sights, which it makes sense to pay attention. First of all, it is a local museum of local lore, or, in other words, a museum of folk art, in which many items were collected that were used and produced by Belarusians in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. All the exhibits of the museum are carefully restored and collected in very interesting compositions that really convey the spirit of their time and reflect the peculiarities of the life of ordinary Belarusians at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.

However, the main attention in the exposition of the museum is given to ancient aprons. That's why officially the museum in the village of Bezdezh is called: the museum of folk art "Bezdezh apron". In the collection of the museum there are more than 200 ancient aprons, and no picture is repeated on them. The Museum of Folk Art "Bezdezh apron" is the only museum of aprons in the world. The museum in the village of Bezdezh was awarded a special award by the President of the Republic of Belarus for creating a unique collection of authentic patterns of folk art, a significant contribution to the preservation and promotion of local crafts, rituals and dialects.

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

The Museum of Folk Art "Bezdezh apron" is located in a very remarkable building of the former school, which resembles an old manor. In addition, recently in the museum in the village of Bezdezh there was also an exposition in the open air. This exposition is very picturesquely reproduced by the peasant farmstead, and exactly the one that was typical only for the western woodland in the late 19th - early 20th centuries. This peasant farmstead is a very remarkable object and is simply amazingly complementary to the beautiful atmosphere of the whole museum in the village of Bezdezh. So, the Museum of Folk Art "Bezdezh apron" is a unique and really interesting object for travelers, as well as a real tourist pearl of the village of Bezdezh and the whole region.

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Another interesting attraction of the village Bezdezh is the point of Struve Geodetic Arc, part of the List of World Heritage Sites of UNESCO. And in this case it is not just about the old dilapidated stone and a small, but full of tourist attractions. After all, in the village Bezdezh you can see not only the remnants of the item (perfectly conserved), but also to get acquainted with basic information about the entire Struve Geodetic Arc. In addition, the area around this Struve Geodetic Arc point perfectly landscaped, has a convenient pedestrian access and seating areas. Most of the other points of the Struve Geodetic Arc did not have at the moment all these advantages.

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

And finally, there is also a small roadside memorial chapel built in the end of the 18th century in the village of Bezdezh, according to one version in honor of the Constitution of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth of 1791, and according to another version in memory of the victory of the confederates of the hetman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Michał Kazimierz Ogiński over the Russian troops in the Battle of Bezdezh in 1771. It is also possible that the chapel perpetuated both these events. This chapel in the village of Bezdezh was recently restored and equipped with new interesting information signs telling about the history of this chapel and the whole village of Bezdezh. According to one of these tablets, this chapel was built "in commemoration of the merits of the township Bezdezh as a significant center of spiritual life in memory of many events of its glorious history, and in blessing to all travelers who visited the Land of the Bezdezh". Also on the chapel are the icon of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker and the pray of the traveler in the Church Slavonic language. The area around the chapel in our time has also been perfectly landscaped.

Bezdezh

Bezdezh

Bezdezh