Kosava - is a town of Ivatsevichy district, Brest region of Belarus. The main attraction of the town Kosava is a huge and beautiful palace was built here in 1838. The palace in the town of Kosava their appearance strongly resembles a castle (although such is not at all), so it is often called: Kosava Castle. Up until the First World War, the palace in the town of Kosava was in private ownership and changed owners several times. Then, during the First World War, Kosava Castle was looted and partially destroyed. In the interwar period, when the town of Kosava was part of Poland, the palace building was partially restored, and a horticulture school and local authorities were housed in it. During the Great Patriotic War, the palace in the town of Kosava was again very badly damaged, and in Soviet times remained in disrepair. In 2008, the restoration of the Kosava Castle began.

Restoration of the palace in the town of Kosava is carried out very slowly, in stages, as funding becomes available. At the moment, the restoration of the palace is not yet fully completed, but the main thing is that it has not been stopped. At the same time, it is already clearly seen how great and beautiful this palace is. Exterior of the Castle of Kosovo restored almost completely. Internal work is underway. In 2017, a temporary museum exposition was opened in a partially restored palace in the town of Kosava. During the restoration, further full restoration of the interior decoration of most of the palace’s premises, landscaping, revival of the park and garden, completely lost in the 20th century, are also planned. After the completion of the restoration, in addition to the museum, a small restaurant and hotel complex, as well as a registry office, will be located in Kosava Castle. In addition to this stunning palace in the town Kosava there are still some very interesting and valuable historical sites.

Kosava

Kosava

Kosava

So, the next important landmark of the city Kosava is a museum-estate of Tadeusz Kosciuszko. This museum is located in a restored manor house, which was born in 1746 Tadeusz Kosciuszko. Here he spent his first years of life. From only the foundations and basement to keep the original homestead of the 18th century. The rest of the building was rebuilt in 2004 on the basis of drawings of the 19th century by the US financial support. Exposure Tadeusz Kosciuszko Museum in Kosava mainly includes copies of various articles and letters related to his life (the originals are stored in Poland and the USA), and a host of everyday objects and furniture that can acquaint visitors with the life of the Belarusian nobility of the mid 18th century. Recall that Tadeusz Kosciuszko - a military and political leader of the Commonwealth and the United States, a member of the American Revolutionary War, the head of the national liberation uprising in 1794, the national hero of Poland, USA, Lithuania and Belarus, as well as an honorary citizen of France.

It should also be noted that the area around the manor is very nicely landscaped, has a small body of water, located near a small restaurant. And indeed, the manor of Tadeusz Kosciuszko in the city Kosava is located directly next to the palace, as described above. Together, these two such different, but very interesting and valuable object form a unique architectural ensemble, as well as transform the city Kosava in a very popular place among tourists. For obvious reasons, here is often visited by foreign tourists, especially from Poland, Lithuania and the United States. The palace and manor house in the town of Kosava are outstanding architectural monuments, cultural and historical values and attractions of Belarus.

Kosava

Kosava

Kosava

Kosava

However, the list of attractions of the city Kosava is not confined to palaces and estates. For example, there is also a Trinity Catholic church, built in 1877. This church was built to replace the old wooden church built in 1626, standing on the same spot. It is in this wooden church was baptized Tadeusz Kosciuszko. During the construction of a new stone church, church plate from the old church was moved to the new one. In Soviet times, the church in the town of Kosava although it was closed, nevertheless was not looted. It also does not have any other institutions, the building was simply closed and empty. But the main thing that all the church plate was again saved. And so, to this day in the church in the town of Kosava preserved many valuable ancient icons, as well as the original ancient stone font with which was baptized Tadeusz Kosciuszko. Today, this font is available for visitors to explore the temple and is a very valuable historical artifacts. Church in the town of Kosava, of course, is an important historical and architectural landmark, and perfectly complements the rich tourist town atmosphere. Visiting this temple, along with a visit to the palace and the estate is included in the compulsory program of many excursions arriving in the city Kosava.

Kosava

Kosava

Kosava

Besides the already mentioned great historical and architectural landmarks in the city Kosava there are several other attractions. Firstly, it is the stone Orthodox church of St. Anthony, built in 1868 in the center of the city Kosava. Secondly, it is again a stone Catholic chapel, built in 1859 on one of the local cemeteries. And finally, thirdly, it is another Orthodox church, this time in wood, consecrated in honor of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and built in 1871 in another cemetery. Now the church serves as a chapel. Also in the city Kosava survived a few undistinguished buildings, which could be attributed to the city's historical building. Thus, the city Kosava very rich in variety, including very valuable architectural and historical attractions and can be very interesting to tourists and travelers in Belarus.

Kosava

Kosava

Kosava

 

Sketches of Napoleon Orda, Kosava:

Sketches of Napoleon Orda, Kosava