Kapyl - is a town of Minsk region of Belarus, an administrative center of Kapyl district. The main architectural attraction, landmark and sight of the town of Kapyl is the Orthodox church of the Ascension of the Lord. This temple was built in 1866 from bricks and natural stone. In Soviet times, the church in the town of Kapyl did not function, and the building of the temple at various times was used as a museum and for economic needs by local organizations. At the end of the 20th century, the Orthodox church was returned to the believers. After that, the temple in the town of Kapyl was restored. Nowadays, this church is a functioning temple, is and is maintained in excellent condition. The area around the church in the town of Kapyl is beautifully landscaped. The architectural ensemble of the temple is complemented and decorated with a small bell tower. The Orthodox church of the Ascension of the Lord in the town of Kapyl is an interesting landmark, sight and attraction of Belarus, an architectural monument of the 19th century, as well as a cultural and historical value of the country.

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Another small attraction of the town of Kapyl is the Catholic church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. In the middle of the 19th century, namely from 1859 to 1864, a monumental stone Catholic church was built in the town of Kapyl. This original ancient temple was closed by the Soviet authorities in the first half of the 20th century. Then the church was damaged during the Second World War and was rebuilt by the Germans into a stable. After the war, in the 1950s, the building of the former Catholic church, located in the town center, was once again substantially and beyond recognition rebuilt into a restaurant and a dining hall. We can even say that the dining hall was erected as a new building on the site of the former church, using only few parts of its foundations and walls. The building of this dining hall and restaurant dates back to the 1950s and has survived to this day. At the beginning of the 21st century in the town of Kapyl, in a new place, two hundred meters from the restaurant, a small new Catholic church was built. This new temple was consecrated under the historical title of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. The Catholic church in the town of Kapyl is located very picturesquely, in the historic center of the town, next to the Orthodox church, on the high bank of the local river, which forms a small reservoir in this place.

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Another important landmark and sight of the town of Kapyl is a well-preserved quarter of ordinary historical urban development. All the buildings that make up this quarter were built at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, are in good condition and are nowadays used as administrative and commercial buildings. In addition to the buildings that form the aforementioned quarter, in the town of Kapyl there are several more old houses and outbuildings, which also date back to the beginning of the 20th century. All these ancient buildings greatly adorn the town of Kapyl and, together with the temples, form here a wonderful and extraordinary atmosphere characteristic only of small, but ancient Belarusian towns and villages (the first mention of the town of Kapyl dates back to 1274, according to archaeological research, the town of Kapyl existed already at the beginning 11th century).

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl

Kapyl