Siomkaŭ Haradok - is a village of Minsk district, Minsk region of Belarus. The main and in fact the only attraction, landmark and sight of the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok is the Orthodox church of the Nativity of the Mother of God. This stone church was erected in the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok from 1791 to 1802. The architectural style of the church is transitional: from late baroque to classicism. The temple in the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok was originally built as a Catholic church. In 1866, after the final defeat of another national liberation uprising, the Catholic church was rededicated into an Orthodox church. In this status, the temple in the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok functioned until the mid-1960s. Then the church was left in desolation and began to deteriorate rapidly. By the end of the 20th century, the temple was already in ruins. Fortunately, in the early 2000s, the church in the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok was restored. However, the original appearance of the temple was not fully restored. In particular, the authentic pediment of high artistic and architectural value was lost and the main facade of the church was partially changed. Also noteworthy is the fact that it was in this temple in 1888 that the wedding of the parents of Maksim Bahdanovich, the famous Belarusian poet, classic of Belarusian literature, one of the founders of the modern literary Belarusian language, took place. Today the church in the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok is maintained in good condition and fully functions as a temple. The Orthodox church of the Nativity of the Mother of God in the village of Siomkaŭ Haradok is an interesting landmark, sight and attraction of Belarus, an architectural monument of the late 18th century, as well as the cultural and historical value of the country.

Siomkaŭ Haradok

Siomkaŭ Haradok

Siomkaŭ Haradok