Alkovičy - is a small village of Vileyka district, Minsk region of Belarus. The main architectural landmark of the village of Alkovičy is the Catholic church of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This stone church was erected in the center of the village of Alkovičy in the years 1897-1905. This new church was built very close to the wooden church of the 18th century, which did not survive until our time. Next to the church in the village of Alkovičy previously housed a separate two-tiered wooden bell tower of the 18th century. To date, it is dismantled due to excess dilapidation, and of those logs that could still be used, a small building for economic purposes was built. The resulting warehouse is located in the corner of the fenced area near the church in the village of Alkovičy. Fragments of an ancient stone fence made of huge boulders were also preserved. However, most of the territory of the church in the village of Alkovičy today is surrounded by a modern fence. The central entrance is also decorated with modern brama (gate).

We list the most noteworthy events in the history of the church. For example, during the construction of the church in the village of Alkovičy, chicken and goose eggs were added to the clay to make the building more durable. Eggs were taken by thousands from all around the whole carts. In addition, the invited architects from Germany took part in the construction of the temple. In 1950 the temple was closed. After a while, because of the damaged lightning rod, the church in the village of Alkovičy was badly damaged by the fire. Then the building of the temple was used as a granary. In 1989 the church was returned to the Catholic Church. After that, the restoration and renovation of the temple began, at the same time the bell tower of the 18th century was rebuilt into a warehouse. To date, the church in the village of Alkovičy is in good condition, fully functioning and is an interesting landmark of Belarus. This beautiful architectural monument can be very interesting for tourists and travelers around Belarus. Near the church in the village of Alkovičy there is a very small garden, as well as a very remarkable rural house of the mid-20th century, decorated with wooden sculpture of religious themes.

Alkovičy

Alkovičy

Alkovičy