Choŭchłava - is a large village of Maladzyechna district, Minsk region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village of Choŭchłava is the ancient wooden Catholic church of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This temple was originally erected in the distant 1738. In the middle of the 19th century the church in the village of Choŭchłava was completely restored and slightly rebuilt. After the suppression of the 1863 uprising, the building of the church was converted into an Orthodox church. In the first half of the 20th century, the village of Choŭchłava was part of the interwar Poland, and therefore the church was returned to the Catholics. In the postwar period, the church in the village of Choŭchłava was closed by the Soviet authorities, while the building of the church was used as a warehouse, and the venerable icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary was transferred to the National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus in 1963.

Choŭchłava

In the 1990s, the church in the village of Choŭchłava was returned to the faithful and restored. At the moment this wooden temple of a very respectable age is in excellent condition and is an interesting architectural monument and landmark of Belarus. At the same time, just next to the church in the village of Choŭchłava, there is another small attraction, namely the chapel-tomb, built in 1847. The state of the chapel is satisfactorily strong, nevertheless, it needs restoration.

Choŭchłava

Choŭchłava

Choŭchłava

Choŭchłava

Choŭchłava