Rubiaževičy - is a village of Stowbtsy district, Minsk region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village Rubiaževičy is the Catholic church of St. Joseph. This majestic temple was erected in 1906-1910. The church in the village of Rubiaževičy is faced with stone slabs, which gives its exterior look some severity and monumentality. The height of the temple is 45 meters. The area around the church in the village of Rubiaževičy is beautifully landscaped and fenced with an impressive and solid stone fence. This fence, as well as a brama (gate) decorating the central entrance to the church in the village of Rubiaževičy, was built to match the church in 1924. On the territory next to the church there are several beautiful sculptures and monuments.

Rubiaževičy

Rubiaževičy

The history of the appearance of the Catholic church in the village of Rubiaževičy is noteworthy. Originally in 1799 a small wooden church was erected here (the building of this church was not preserved). After the uprising of 1863-64, this wooden church was handed over to the Orthodox Church. So the numerous local Catholic community remained without a temple. On the further development of events can be read on one of the stones embedded in the foundation of the church of St. Joseph in the village Rubiaževičy (the inscription is made in Polish, in parentheses the author's notes):

This stone was laid (here) by Antony Tour in 1866 with the inscription that the Catholic Church will be built on this site. Three times (Antony Tour) on foot went to Petersburg to the king with a request for permission to build a church (but invariably received refusals). For collecting on neighboring villages signatures from people under (such) request, was exiled to Siberia together with his family. After returning from exile in 1905 (just after the publication of the tsarists "Manifesto on strengthening the beginning of religious tolerance") brought a permission from the tsar (for the construction of the temple), with the condition that the church should be large and built for 3 years.

The construction of the temple began in 1906 and was very actively conducted mainly by the efforts of local residents. Every day more than 100 people worked at the construction site. Funds for construction were also collected from residents of nearby villages. However, sometimes donations came from afar, for example, even from the USA. The erection of the building itself was actually completed in 1908, three years after the permission was granted. Then, until 1910, work was carried out on the interior decoration of the temple and the improvement of the territory. And the temple was consecrated and did not last until 1911.

In the interwar period, the village of Rubiaževičy was part of Poland (by the way, the border with the USSR was very close to the village), so the territory near the church continued to improve. Also in 1928 there was established an organ for 15 voices and 820 tubes, delivered to the village of Rubiaževičy from Vilnius. In the temple there is an icon of Our Lady of the Gate of Dawn, donated to the church of St. Joseph by the mother of Yanka Kupala. By the way, many ancestors of Yanka Kupala on the maternal line lived in these places and are buried in the cemetery in the village of Rubiaževičy. Today the church in the village of Rubiaževičy is in excellent condition. This temple is an important architectural monument, a cultural and historical value and a landmark of Belarus.

Behind the church in the village of Rubiaževičy there is a wooden plebania building (the priest's house and the parish administration), built in the early 20th century (now used as an ordinary dwelling house). And before the church there is a very interesting and unusual sculptural composition - "Memory in stone". In this stone ensemble (or in another way, a park of stones), 46 huge boulders with carved names of the villages that belonged to the parish were laid around a stone cross (which is probably symbolized by the temple itself). Through the efforts of the inhabitants of these villages, a church was built in the village of Rubiaževičy. Mutual placement of boulders roughly transfers the geographical location of the respective villages, and between the stones are arranged small paths. At the entrance to this sculptural complex there is also a separate stone brama. This park of stones was created in 2006 to the centenary of the construction of the temple.

Rubiaževičy

Rubiaževičy

Rubiaževičy

Rubiaževičy

Another interesting landmark of the village of Rubiaževičy is the church of St. Nicholas, built in 2000. As already mentioned, in the 1860s, the Orthodox believers were given the building of the church built in 1799, after which it was converted to a Orthodox church. However, during the Soviet era the church was closed, and the building of the church was dismantled in 1972. Therefore, in 2000, on the site of the ancient wooden church, a new small brick temple was built. This church in the village of Rubiaževičy, although very simple in structure, in terms of its architecture, nevertheless is of some interest. The fact is that the facades of this church are rather unusually decorated with various frescoes, which are reproductions of the most famous Christian icons. This feature makes the church in the village of Rubiaževičy in its way even a unique cultural value of Belarus.

A few more words about the village of Rubiaževičy. This village is very large. In the center of the village there are several other historical buildings dating back to the first half of the 20th century. They can be attributed to the private building. In the village of Rubiaževičy there are also many basic infrastructure elements, such as shops, pharmacy, bank and post offices and others, which successfully complement the important attractions that are here. Thus, tourists and travelers around Belarus can be interesting, informative and pleasant to spend some time in this village, stroll along the local streets and see the local churches. Then you can continue the way to other sights of Belarus, which are quite numerous in this region.

Rubiaževičy

Rubiaževičy