Vawkavysk

Vawkavysk - a city of Grodno region of Belarus, the administrative center of Vawkavysk district. One of the main attractions of the city Vawkavysk is Catholic church of St. Wenceslas, which was built from 1846 to 1848. This church is a monument of architecture of the XIX century. Another important landmark in the city of Vawkavysk, which can attract tourists and travelers, is the manor house of the XVIII century, which in 1812 housed the headquarters of Bagration, for this reason, this house is also known as the "House of Bagration", although, of course, he never belonged to him.

Vawkavysk

There are in Vawkavysk two Orthodox churches. One of them, the Church of Saints Peter and Paul, a completely new, built in 2004 (pictured left). Another church of St. Nicholas, built in 1874, and therefore is an architectural monument of the XIX century (pictured right).

Vawkavysk

Also in Vawkavysk preserved historic urban quarter related to the late 19th, early 20th century. This quarter has a very distinctive look for Belarus. Looked about as central parts of many Belarusian cities and towns in this historical period. Unfortunately at the moment, not all houses in the historic quarter restored. Nevertheless, tourists and travelers who are in town Vawkavysk to see and these attractions.

Vawkavysk

 

Vawkavysk at the old photos:

Vawkavysk at the old photos