Izabelin

Izabelin - it is a large village of Vawkavysk district, Grodno region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village Izabelin is Catholic church of Saints Peter and Paul, which was built in 1778. Another important landmark in the village Izabelin is the Orthodox church of St. Michael the Archangel, built in the late 18th century. The churches in the village of Izabelin is architectural monuments of the 18th century.

Izabelin

Izabelin

Izabelin

Izabelin

The first mention of the village Izabelin dates from in the annals of the 16th century under the name Pyatuhovichi or Pyatuhova. In the second half of the 18th century the village became the property of the saxon and the governors of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Ian Fleming, who renamed Pyatukhova into Izabelin after his daughter Isabella. Ian Fleming populated local places his tribe - the Germans. Thanks to the Germans in the area were built many industrial enterprises. In the early 19th century there was established one of the first textile factories. Worked very experienced German masters. Izabelin were Calvinist, and the Uniate Church was the synagogue, but the Catholic church appeared only in 1934. During World War II, this temple, which was made of wood, burned down. Germans during the war gave Calvinist to Catholics, which went on service and Protestants and Catholics. In Soviet times in the 60 years the church was closed and gave a warehouse. And in the 80 years local atheists organized arson of the building of the temple. 10 years old church stood charred, and only in the 90s of the 20th century the church was handed over to the believers. The building was restored and now it is the Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. In the late 18th century in the village Izabelin was built Uniate Church, and in 1863 the church was handed over to the Orthodox faithful. Then the Uniate church was rebuilt a little under the Orthodox. Since then, its appearance is no longer changed. Today it is the Orthodox church of St. Michael the Archangel.