Vaukalata - is a village of Dokshytsy district, Vitebsk region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village Vaukalata is the Catholic church of St. John the Baptist. This temple was built in 1893, and at the moment it is well restored. Catholic church in the village Vaukalata has an interesting and memorable appearance. The temple walls are lined with natural stone and next to the church impressive bell tower is located. Interesting facts from the history of the Catholic church of St. John the Baptist in the village of Vaukalata:

  • From the moment of construction at the end of the 19th century, this church has never been closed, neither in wartime nor in the Soviet period. The temple is functioning today.
  • Some church altars date from the 17th century. They were transferred to this temple from the previous wooden church, which stood on this site.
  • The church was built under the guise of repairing the previous temple, which stood on this site, which was completely demolished. The fact is that in the second half of the 19th century on the territory of modern Belarus, which was part of the Russian Empire, there was a ban on the construction of new Catholic churches, which was canceled only at the beginning of the 20th century. This ban came about as a result of the suppression of 19th-century uprisings.
  • The ancient organ installed in the church is active, and today it is considered one of the best in the entire Vitebsk region.

The Catholic church in the village Vaukalata is an important architectural monument of the 19th century, historical and cultural value and interesting sights of Belarus. Also in the village Vaukalata, there is another small point of interest, namely, fragments of the estate of the late 19th century. The manor house has not been preserved, to have survived only a few outbuildings belongs to the estate.

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata

Vaukalata