Traby - is a village Iwye district, Grodno region of Belarus. Village Traby is located in the border area. The main attraction of the village Traby is the Catholic church of the Nativity Virgin Mary, built here in the early 20th century. The church in the village of Traby was built from 1900 to 1905 on the site of an older wooden church, which by that time was finally dilapidated and disassembled. The church in the village of Traby is an important Belarusian cultural and historical monument, as well as an interesting architectural landmark. The area around the temple is surrounded by a fence, built of natural stone in the early 20th century. Well, the church itself in the village of Traby is made of brick in the Neo-Gothic style.

Traby

Traby

Traby

Traby

Traby

Traby

There is in the village Traby another important attraction - Orthodox wooden church of Saints Peter and Paul, built in the distant 1784, and, according to other sources, even in 1764. Thus, the church is a very important monument of Belarusian wooden architecture of the 18th century. Currently, the church is fully restored. Restored it very carefully. Therefore, although the church in the village Traby very old (especially by the standards of wooden buildings), though it looks very fresh and good. This church is interesting because looking at it you can imagine looked like wooden churches of 18-19 centuries, which at one time adorned almost every major Belarusian village and the town. Unfortunately, not all of these wooden churches have survived to this day. The territory around the church in the village of Traby is surrounded by a stone fence, the central entrance is decorated with a brama-bell tower. This fence and brama were built in the early 20th century.

Traby

Traby

Traby

In the village Traby also fragments of the service yard of the 19th century. Some of the buildings, to treat it, are made of natural stone and breathe the old days, and thus may be interested in a little tourist bystanders. In the village of Traby there are also several other economic, residential, commercial and administrative buildings that were built in the first half of the 20th century. Today these buildings form a very remarkable part of the ordinary historical building, which is located between the Catholic and Orthodox churches. In one of these buildings, under the auspices of the local school, the local history museum is formally functioning. However, apparently, this building is usually closed. And generally speaking, the village Traby included in several tourist and excursion routes, so there are often seen travelers.

Traby

Traby