Subotniki - is a village of Iwye district, Grodno region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village of Subotniki is the Catholic church of St. Vladislav. This temple was built of red brick in the Neo-Gothic style in 1904-1907. For its more than a century of history, the church in the village of Subotniki has not changed either externally or internally, and has not lost its valuable interior items, many of which can be considered real works of art. The church in the village of Subotniki was erected on the site of an ancient wooden church, which by the beginning of the 20th century had become hopelessly dilapidated.

Subotniki

The church in the village of Subotniki is consecrated in honor of Vladislav of Hungary, who brought Christianity to Hungary. This is the only temple in Belarus, which is consecrated in honor of this saint. Since its foundation, the church has never been closed. And even in Soviet times, the church remained active. The church in the village of Subotniki was slightly damaged during the Second World War, but already in 1947 it was completely restored. From 1962 until the early 1980s, there was no priest here, but parishioners even at that time supported the temple in proper condition, paid all the necessary taxes and gathered for prayers. Thus, the fate of the church during the Soviet era was exceptionally well. It is thanks to this that the interior of the church has preserved many ancient interior items, original wall paintings, mosaic panels, icons, numerous sculptures and much more.

Subotniki

An ancient wooden organ, parish benches, a marble font and a miracle-working icon, which are older than the church itself, deserve special mention because they were transferred to this church from the previous wooden church that stood on this place. The area around the church in the village of Subotniki is surrounded by an ancient stone fence, which is also older than the temple itself and dates back to the 19th century. A lot of small chapels are picturesquely built into the fence, and the central entrance is decorated with a brama (it means gate), made in the Neo-Gothic style to match the church. Chapels and brama were erected simultaneously with the church in the early 20th century. Today the Catholic church in the village of Subotniki is still in operation, is in excellent condition and is an important Belarusian landmark and a very valuable architectural monument.

Subotniki