Dudy - is a village of Iwye district, Grodno region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village of Dudy is the Catholic church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This wooden temple was built in the baroque style in 1772. The church in the village of Dudy was erected on the site of an older wooden church from the beginning of the 17th century, which was demolished in 1770, as it was in an emergency condition by that time. For its long history, the new church in the village of Dudy has never been seriously damaged, in particular, all wars have bypassed it, so this church has never been seriously reconstructed or renovated.

To the sad pages of the history of the church in the village of Dudy, can be attributed only 60th and 70th years of the 20th century. The fact is that the church did not escape the sad fate of many churches of Belarus, and in 1959 the church was closed by the Soviet authorities, and the building of the temple was converted into a warehouse. In 1983, the church in the village of Dudy was returned to the Catholic Church. Restoration of the temple was carried out in 1990. Today, the church in the village of Dudy remains in operation and is in very good condition. The territory around the temple is surrounded by a stone fence, and next to the church there is a wooden bell tower, which, like the temple, was erected in the 18th century. There are not so many well-preserved wooden buildings of the middle of the 18th century in Belarus, among them the Catholic church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the village of Dudy, therefore this temple is an interesting Belarusian landmark and a very valuable architectural monument.

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy

Dudy