Łaŭryšava - is a village of Navahrudak district, Grodno region of Belarus. The main attraction of the village Łaŭryšava is the functioning Orthodox church of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God. This wooden church was built in the village of Łaŭryšava in the second half of the 18th century. The exact date of construction is unknown. According to the most common version this temple was erected in 1775, according to other versions, the temple could be built in 1756, 1768 or in 1798. In the second half of the 18th and early 19th centuries, this church was a monastic church as part of the Łaŭryšava monastery (at that time uniate and located in the village of Łaŭryšava). After the abolition of the monastery in 1836, the church was transformed into an Orthodox parish temple. In this status, it functions in our time. The church of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God in the village of Łaŭryšava is well preserved and today is an important monument of culture, history and architecture, as well as an interesting landmark of Belarus.

Łaŭryšava

Łaŭryšava

It should also be noted that the mentioned Łaŭryšava monastery was revived in 1913 as an Orthodox, but in a new place - near the village of Hniesicze, which is located near the village of Łaŭryšava. However, in 1915, during the First World War, the monastery was completely destroyed during the military actions. However, in 2007 the monastery was recreated again. The revival of the monastery is again being conducted near the village of Hniesicze, while the church in the village of Łaŭryšava remains a parish temple. By the way, the Łaŭryšava monastery is the earliest founding of the number of existing mens monasteries in Belarus, it was first formed in the 1250s.