Druya - is a small town of Braslaw district, Vitebsk region of Belarus, situated on the border of Belarus and Latvia. The main attraction of the town is Druya Trinity Catholic church, built here back in 1646. This church restored and is in good condition. Church in the town Druya previously was part of the Bernardine monastery. Monastic body preserved around the church to the present day. Also preserved the old gate and fence made of stone. The area around the church is very well landscaped, here is very nice to visit. Since the church in the town Druya very old, he attracted the attention of many tourists and travelers. Church of the Holy Trinity monastery with adjacent buildings in the village Druya undoubtedly is an important architectural monument of the 17th century, historical and cultural value and attraction of Belarus.

Briefly describe the history of the temple. In the second half of the 18th century church in the village Druya was significantly rebuilt in particular, it was then was built high bell tower that adorns the main facade of the building. By the way, at the same time they were heavily rebuilt and living the monastic enclosure. In 1852 the monastery was closed by the authorities, and the Church of the Holy Trinity in the village Druya began to perform the role of an ordinary parish church.

In 1944, a fire began after a direct hit by bombs in the temple, badly damaged the interior of the church, but then faded body and multitude of ancient icons. After World War II the church in the village Druya closed. Formally, he was transferred to a local agricultural enterprise, but in reality, the church simply was empty and destroyed slowly. In the early 1990s it returned to the Catholic Church. After this restoration was begun. Restoration of the church was carried out for a long time. It was basically completed just a few years ago.

Druya

Druya

Druya

There in the town Druya another very important point of interest. In the central square of the village is a valuable cultural monument - Boris stone with inscriptions of the 12th century, which has been preserved in the form of three large fragments. These stones are extracted in 2002 from Druyka river, in the place of its confluence with the Western Dvina, just there, where the town Druya is located.

Druya

Also, there are in the town Druya many other interesting attractions. Among them, special mention should be the ruins of the Orthodox church of the Annunciation built in the 1740s years. This church in the village Druya functioned more than two hundred years. But after the Second World War, in the 1960s, the church was closed, and the building of the temple transferred for storage. In the early 1990s, this church in the village Druya was returned to the Orthodox Church. Recently, reconstruction work, which conducted the efforts of volunteers have been launched. However, until the restoration work is far from complete.

Druya

Here are the other interesting sights Druya village:

  • Bell tower of the ruins were previously assigned to the Church of Saints Peter and Paul, built in the late 18th century, and have survived to our time.
  • Small wooden church of St. George, built in the 19th century as a chapel in the local cemetery.
  • Another small wooden church built in the first half of the 20th century.
  • Very rebuilt in Soviet times the building of the manor house, originally built in the 19th century. Today, the walls of this manor located hospital. Nearby there are several outbuildings.
  • Many of the buildings in the town Druya can also be attributed to the common historical urban development of the 19th century.
  • Bridge over river Druyka built in 1933.

All these small attractions complement the very successful tourist town atmosphere Druya, and allow interest to spend a long time. necessarily should also be noted that the village Druya large enough. There are several shops and other basic infrastructure elements. Thus, a large number of landmarks and attractions, there are several shops, banks and others, as well as the beauty of local nature (confluence Druyka river and Western Dvina) was converted Druya town in a very interesting tourist destination. In addition, to combine a trip to the village Druya you can visit a large number of other interesting attractions located in nearby towns and villages of the Braslaw region.

Druya

Druya

Druya

Druya

Druya

As already noted, Druya town stands on the Western Dvina river, on which just passes in this place the border between Belarus and Latvia. On the opposite bank of the Western Dvina is a Latvian village Pedruya (formerly Prydrujsk or Old Druya) that was once actually a Belarusian town Druya single locality. From the Belarusian side is clearly visible the Catholic church of the Virgin Mary and St. Nicholas Orthodox church, located in the village Pedruya. They also can be seen in the sketch of Napoleon Orda, which depicts the modern Druya left and on the right the modern Pedruya.

Druya

Druya

 

Sketches of Napoleon Orda, Druya:

Sketches of Napoleon Orda, Druya