Opsa - is a village of Braslaw district, Vitebsk region of Belarus. First sight of the village Opsa that fall tourists come here, is the Catholic church of St. John the Baptist, built here in 1887. This church restored and is in good condition. The church in the village Opsa is very picturesque situated on a hill next to the lake, which is like a village called Opsa. Therefore, although the church and impressive scale and complexity of architectural solutions, however, it is very nice to visit, and once again enjoy the successful combination of small but beautiful architectural attractions and the beauty of nature, which is very typical for all Braslaw district. Not far from the church is located and the building of the parish administration (plebania), which apparently was also built in the late 19th century. The church in the village Opsa is an architectural monument of the 19th century, historical and cultural value and interesting sights of Belarus.

In 1928, in St. John the Baptist church in the village of Opsa was a fire, which severely damaged the tower and roof of the church, but the church has acted through the great efforts of the parishioners until 1949. In 1949 - 1990 years of the church in the village Opsa not acted, and was used as a warehouse and storage. In 1990 it was planned to organize in the church building, an art gallery and a concert hall organ music. However, it is the authorities have not found any money or those who would like to do it. Therefore, a little later, the church of St. John the Baptist in the village Opsa returned to parishioners, and to date this church was returned to its original appearance and beauty.

Opsa

Opsa

Opsa

There in the village Opsa and several other major attractions. Moving farther from the church to the village Opsa center can find a very nice terraced houses from the late 19th century. These small buildings are interesting sights and give the village Opsa a special charm and create the perfect atmosphere here.

Opsa

But the main attraction of the village Opsa can be found going down to the lake. It is here preserved manor complex, the central place in which occupies a small but very beautiful palace, built in 1904. Unfortunately, the palace is not restored, but even now it can be very interesting for tourists. The estate in the village Opsa, sprawling around the palace and surrounded by an old fence, includes the park, lots of outbuildings, arched bridge, and more. One of the most interesting elements of the manor complex is the stairs going down to the lake from the palace. Now she is in a deplorable state, but even now you can imagine how beautiful it all once looked. Manor complex with a palace in the village Opsa, of course, is an architectural monument of the early 20th century, the historical and cultural value and interesting sights of Belarus.

Widely known for this kind of attraction thanks to the representative of Plater, which owned this manor - Emilia Plater. However, it should be noted immediately that the very Emilia from this estate does not bind anything. She lived here long before the construction of the palace and other buildings and apparently never even been here. However Emilia so glorified her name that today the manor owned by her distant relatives still fanned her glory.

Emilia Plater - countess, revolutionary, gatherers Belarusian folklore, member of the November Uprising of 1830, during which the first organized and headed a small guerrilla unit, and then was a company commander in the Polish infantry captain - an unprecedented event for the army at that time. Toward the end of the uprising Emilia, barely twenty-five years, suddenly became ill and died suddenly. Name and unusual fate of the countess became widely known in the circles of fighters for independence, became a symbol of the patriot service debt. The right to call her a national heroine at the same time pretend to Poland, Belarus, Latvia and Lithuania.

She called "Belarusian Joan of Arc" and "Polish Virgin." Image of Emilia can be seen in the national currency of Lithuania and Poland, in Warsaw, one of the square is its name, many Belarusian, Polish, Lithuanian, French, German and British artists and poets dedicated their works to her.

However, back to the farm. During the Second World War, the complex was badly damaged. After the war, in the manor house was an agricultural school. To date, the estate sold and is privately owned. The owner is planning to organize sanatorium-resort complex. The works were to be completed in 2015, but in 2016, they have not even begun. And the building remains in a dilapidated state.

Opsa

Opsa

Opsa

Opsa

Opsa

As already mentioned, Opsa village situated on the hills near the lake of the same name. From the village a beautiful view of the lake. Also in the village Opsa there is a small modern roadside chapel. It is located just at the crossroads, where you turn from the main road to get to the manor complex.

Opsa

Opsa

Opsa